Course code – HLTAID002
Valid Australia wide
This course is for those people wishing to acquire skills and knowledge to perform emergency first aid in the first few minutes after a life threatening incident.
Statement of Attainment
HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Statement of Attainment issued by ABC First Aid RTO 3399
This course conforms to the requirement of Victoria Occupational Health & Safety Authority first aid in the workplace code of practice 1995.
The course is nationally recognised through inclusion on the ASQA national training register.
- Legal issues and recording of events
- Introduction to first aid
- Efficient assessment decision making & referral
- Calling an ambulance
- Unconsciousness & priorities of first aid – DRSABCD
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Asthma & airway obstruction
- Management of internal bleeding & shock
Cost per participant- From $80